Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Goooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!

I've been watching a lot of World Cup this past week, averaging about 1 match/day. It's been awesome. I've never been a big football fan previously, because I always felt it was too low-scoring compared to games like bball and tennis, but now I can truly appreciate the game. The game can turn in seconds and every shot counts, unlike other sports. And I love how how the fans get so into it. The roar of the fans after a big play is simply electrifying.

Anyways, I found this as the official World Cup theme. Pretty cool, not quite as good as Ricky Martin's "La Copa de la Vida" but still really good.



And check out this goal - how incredible is that?!


Interestingly, the traditional powerhouses aren't doing terribly well. Brazil has underwhelmed in its two games so far, and so has Holland. France is on the verge of elimination, and Englad barely scraped through its last two matches. Argentina is the only one performing to form so far, their 6:0 crushing of S&M was awe-inspiring. Too bad they may meet the Germans in the quarterfinals.

As a side benefit, it's certainly helping me get up earlier these days, to watch these 9am matches. Maybe I'll be conditioned into an early riser after the Cup, ha!

No comments: